Americans have a right to choose their own health insurance and medical providers, or forego insurance and contract directly with medical providers, free from government mandates, and any penalties for noncompliance. Anna will fight to prevent funding of the flawed Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) that was passed in 2010, aka "Obamacare/ Pallonecare". She will work to repeal the PPACA and offer common-sense alternatives instead. She will fight to initiate tort reform and limit malpractice lawsuits.
Our health insurance system does need to be reformed. This should be accomplished by:
- Tort reform: Lawsuits, and the threat of lawsuits, add tens of billions of dollars to health care costs requiring doctors and hospitals to practice “defensive medicine”.
- Allowing health care insurance providers to sell policies across state lines to increase competition.
- Demonstrating a commitment to stop Medicare and Medicaid fraud, estimated to account for 20% of those programs total cost to taxpayers.
- Eliminate taxpayer-subsidized health care for those illegally in the United States.
- Encouraging HSAs – Health Savings Accounts, which would put people in direct control of their health care, without any third party interference.
- Remove anti-trust protection for insurance companies.
- Protect Veteran's health care benefits and funding. Cutting Veteran's health care should not be performed while simultaneously subsidizing illegal immigrant health care.